Position Title: Junior Underwriter – Medical Expense Stop Loss
Location: Lakewood, Ohio
Roundstone is a captive and specialty insurance program manager delivering innovative risk management solutions. Having experienced double-digit growth for the past several years, Roundstone’s success has been a result of solving key issues facing employers and their escalating health care costs. Through program transparency, control of plan features and careful selection of partners, Roundstone’s solution provides cost containment resulting in substantial plan savings to both employers and their employees. When insurance and business advisors need expertise and creative strategies for their clients, they turn to Roundstone. We’re adding to our growing team to help deliver on our motto – Turning Risk into Results.
Our Stop Loss program continues to grow with the changes in the health insurance market. As a Junior Underwriter, you are responsible for the first steps in the underwriting process. This includes regular communication with internal sales and external brokers to ensure all prospect data is received. You will work closely with the Underwriters to price and issue proposals. Finally, you’ll be a part of the analytics team compiling reporting and analysis of the medical expense stop loss program’s results.
Advancement to other positions in the future is expected. This position is ideal for someone interested in launching a career in the insurance industry. Junior Underwriter is a salaried position with a profit sharing bonus, health coverage, 401(k) and other benefits.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Actuarial, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Prior insurance experience will be considered but not required.
- Analytical thinker and creative problem solver
- Familiarity with Excel
What we offer:
Roundstone offers competitive compensation, full benefits and an industry leading employee profit sharing plan. Our benefits package includes:
- Excellent compensation commensurate with experience and performance
- Comprehensive life, health and dental benefits
- Participation in Profit Goal bonus plan
- 401K plan with employer match
- Reimbursement for education, association membership and licensure expenses
Click here for more information about Roundstone.